Thursday 6 October 2016

A/W 16 Trends

Since Autumn is officially in full bloom, I thought it was the perfect time to do this blog post. I've been doing these trend posts since I started this blog and I still enjoy doing it so much because each time I get more and more obsessed with certain designers, and take inspiration from the catwalk and incorperate it into my wardrobe. Whilst there have been some new trends introduced for this years A/W designs, a lot of brands stuck to what we know and love for this time of year. Here are a few of my favourites:

1) Velvet
Velvet is proving to be one of the most classic trends in recent years, coming back each year with a new, slightly different twist. This year, a lot of dark hues of velvet such as wine and dark purples were common on the runway.


2) Animal Print
I have to admit - I've actually hated anything leopard print for as long as I can remember, but the latest takes on it have really swayed me - topshop have some beautiful animal print pieces.



3) Puffy coats
Although the catwalk version of this trend was very extreme, it's without a doubt the most practical. It means now we can wear the fattest, puffiest jackets possible to keep warm and be on trend at the same time!

With the rise of the blogging community, I've also taken a lot of inspiration from street style that's all over instagram - particularly accessory-wise.

1) Clear Heel
La Moda and Public Desire have some great ones!

2) Diamond choker
River island have great range of chokers similar to this

3) Silk scarves
H&M and Topshop are your best bet for scarves similar to these ones

Hope you enjoyed reading this! If you want to see more fashion/beauty/lifestyle related things you should definitely check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFesE659f-myofgIHs2Ta_A?view_as=public

xo, Orlagh
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig