Monday 26 June 2017

Travel Bucket List

For as long as I can remember I've always loved the thought of seeing the world and what's out there. I've always been an escapist, and when I was younger that translated to getting lost in a book and imagining the world/place in which it's set, or watching David Attenborough documentaries about exotic places.  Our planet is an incredible place and there are so many things to see that I haven't, but I've always felt an urge to travel and see everything (well, almost everything).

In recent years, certain places have really stuck out to me that I am dying to see, so I thought I'd share them with you...


Iceland
My interest in this beautiful island was first sparked by the 'Pretty Little Liars' books, where Aria and her family lived for a year. I had never really heard anyone talk about it before that, but the way she described it intrigued me so much and it seemed like such a unique, interesting place. After looking up pictures I've been obsessed ever since, and it is definitely #1 on my bucket-list. I love that it seems so remote and tranquil - the perfect place to escape from reality. I'd kill to see the northern lights, the quirky houses and the natural hot springs.




Croatia
This country is a recent discovery. I've always loved the idea of interail and I often find myself browsing through the interail hashtag on instragram. I noticed that a lot of people were going to Croatia and it looked absolutely stunning. I'd love to go and see the stunning lakes and architecture.




Austria
My sister always told me how beautiful Austria was after she went to it, and because I've never seen The Sound of Music (shock horror, I know), I only realised how stunning it actually was until I seen loads of Instagram photographers going there. I think I would definitely like to go there during winter as the mountains always look so beautiful, and I'd love to drive through all the little villages at Christmas time.




France
I've had a weird obsession with France, particularly Paris, for a really long time and just found it so beautiful and alluring in all aspects - the language, the culture, the people, and most importantly the food. When I was learning French in school I always imagined going to live in Paris - seeing the Eiffel Tower in person, reading books in coffee shops on rainy days, and drinking coffee on my balcony in the morning. One can dream!  




USA (West Coast)
I've always thought it would be such an amazing experience to start on a roadtrip at the top of the West Coast at Washington and work my way down to California. Camping in the woods of Montana, going to all the Californian beaches and visiting the Chateau Marmont (spot the Lana Del Rey fan) are all on the to-do list.





So that's it for my bucketlist. What places would you love to go to? I'd love to know!
xo, Orlagh
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig