Wednesday 17 September 2014

REVIEW: BENEFIT THE BRONZE OF CHAMPIONS



So if you haven't already guessed by the title, this blog post is going to be a review about this Benefit set called 'The Bronze of Champions'

First of all; I love the name. What I love about Benefit is that they always have great names for their products, and never take themselves too seriously. I purchased this set when I was flying back to boring old Belfast after being to Tenerife (would do anything to go back!). As soon as I saw it in the little magazine I knew that it would be a good set as it described everything that comes in it, and because it was duty free, I bought it for only £16 (bargain!). It is originally priced at £26.50, and I still think it is definitely worth the money.


I absolutely love the packaging of it, and it was probably why it caught my eye. The packaging is gold and shiny, to tie in the whole 'bronzed' theme. It includes a  mirror which is really handy if you take it travelling, and the tips and tricks are great for beginners.

The set includes 5 things:


1) Creaseless cream shadow bikini-tini cream eyeshadow
I really like this cream eye shadow. It's super shimmery, so it's great for making you look more awake! It blends really well, and its also a great base for under eye shadows. It has really good lasting power, but the only down side to this shadow is that it has a very slippery texture, so sometimes it's hard to apply it without it blending away completely, It works a lot better to pat this product onto your lids rather than rub it in.



2) Longwear powder shadow thanks a latte powder eyeshadow
I love this eyeshadow! It's a gorgeous bronzey-gold colour, and when paired with the cream shadow underneath it creates such a nice simple eye look. You can make a smokey eye look by applying the shadow all over the lid and lower lashline, or to keep it natural you can apply it on the outer half of the lid and crease. This colour is perfect for blue eyes; (i'm sure it would look gorge on all eye colours) but if you are looking for an eyeshadow that will make your eyes look really blue, this is perfect.



3) Hoola bronzing powder 
So many people rave about how good this bronzer is, and I do think it is a really good bronzer. At first glance, I thought it might be a bit to dark for my extremely pale skin (the perks of being ginger), but it is a perfect universal colour. A little goes such a long way with this bronzer, it is amazingly pigmented and it blends really well. It's really good for contouring as it is matte, and I also like to use it in the crease sometimes. This  is definitely worth the hype!




4) Watt’s up! soft focus highlighter for face
This highlighter is a champagne/gold colour, and it has a lovely slightly shimmery finish, without being to in your face. It has really good lasting powder and it looks so natural and glowy when it's on. The only downside to this product is that I find it's hard to blend sometimes. As it came in the set, it is a mini size, and sometimes it's hard to apply as I'm scared the stick might break! This isn't a big deal however, I just put some on the back of my hand first and then apply it.



5) Ultra plush lip gloss hoola lip gloss
This lip gloss is.. OK. I wouldn't be rushing out to get it again, as I could probably get a nicer one for less than half the price. It's a nice lipgloss but it isn't anything amazing - I don't think it is worth paying the money for.



6) They're real! beyond mascara
Sometimes it can be hard to find a mascara that does everything you want, but this mascara has anything you could ever ask for. It lengthens, voluminises, thickens - and stays on for ages! This is another benefit product that is extremely popular, and I can see why. I had previously tried this mascara so when I seen that it was included in the set, I got really excited. Personally, I am obsessed with it, but if you hate the feeling of slightly clumpy lashes, this one may not be for you.



Overall, I love this set - the good definitely ways out the bad. I would more than likely repurchase this, as it has everything you need to create your face. All you would have to do is apply your base, use this set and you're good to go! It's great to bring travelling as it has everything you need in one little box. I would definitely recommend it.


Thanks for reading! xo Orlagh

My social medias:
Instagram - @_orlaghmccloskey
Twitter - @_orlaghmarie



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This kit looks really good! A really handy review for me because I've been thinking about trying it out myself! I would love to see a post of a look done with this :)

    Great post!!
    Charlotte xx
    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely try and do that xx

      Delete

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig