Tuesday 18 November 2014

A/W BEAUTY AND FASHION ESSENTIALS

Personally, I absolutely love autumn and winter, it is definitely my favourite time of year. One of the things I love most are the darker colours and being able to wrap up in hats and scarves!
This time of year is beautiful for scenery, and also for the changing styles and colours in fashion and beauty. I am going to share with you what I feel are absolute essentials for autumn/winter!


Darker lip products: 
I love darker lip shades, my favourites are more brown toned and red, as I  feel they look best with my skin tone and hair colour, but they really can look flattering on anyone. Here are a few of my favourites:



(L-R: Mac lipstick in Girl About Town, Mac lipstick in Hot Gossip, Mua lipstick in Shade 1, Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in 145 Ingenue)
    (p.s: lip balm is a must! I love the lush honey trap lip balm)

Wintery nail polishes: 
In my opinion, winter time is the best way to get away with crazy glittery nails! I love using darker nail polish colours such as purples, burgundys, greys etc., and I think it's so fun to change up your nails with festive nail art or lots of glitter! My favourites:

(L-R: Colour Unlimited, Nails Inc. Graffiti in Hoxton Street, Barry M Nail Paint in Rose Quartz, Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Cosmo, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Black Cherries, and Les Lolitas in No. 21)


Comfy/Cosy/Christmas jumpers:
Now that it's November, it may be slightly more acceptable to start wearing cheesy Christmas jumpers. You can get all different kinds, some a lot cheesier than others! If you're on a budget, you don't have to worry because you can get them everywhere.

A pair of everyday boots: 

I think it's so important to have a pair of boots that go with everything for autumn and winter, because 1) They are super comfy, 2) They're a lot warmer than other shoes and 3) They can dress up any outfit! New Look have and Primark have loads of really nice boots if you're on a budget, and if you have a little more money, Topshop and Office have lovely Chelsea boots!


Hats and scarves:
I'm addicted to hats. They are such an easy way to accessorize an otherwise plain outfit; and if , like me, you live somewhere where the weather is freezing in the winter months (Irish weather sucks), they help keep you super warm as well - bonus!


I hope you enjoyed this post and that it helped you out!
xo, Orlagh

My social medias:
Instagram - @_orlaghmccloskey
Twitter - @_orlaghmarie

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That revlon colour balm looks gorgeous!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it! It's great if you want something more sheer but still looks gorgeous on its own :) x

      Delete
  2. Love all the shades!! The nail polishes look gorgeous!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig