Wednesday 4 November 2015

Review // Lush Ultrabland



Walking into Lush can be a bit overwhelming because there are so many things and sometimes its hard to know where to start. The last time I went into Lush, I knew I wanted a new cleanser but didn't know which one to go for. As usual the staff in Lush were really helpful and a girl told me about Ultrabland and convinced me to buy it. It claims that it is the Lush founder's #1 desert island product, so I was really excited to try it out and had high expectations.

The Lush website says 'This cleanser removes all traces of dirt and makeup, without stripping away  your skins natural defenses.' and I have to agree with that. It has a really weird creamy/oily consistency that it very unique for a cleanser, but it's probably this that helps remove makeup so well (even mascara!).

When you wash this off some of the product stays on your face almost like a serum. I thought this was great because you're basically getting two products in one and it's a lot more efficient and cheaper than using two or three different products.

What interested me about this product is that on the tub it recommends to use the product and nothing else for a whole month to fix problem skin and bring your skin back to its natural balance. I was really intrigued so I gave it a go. Honestly, I found it really difficult not to use anything else especially when I had a spot that I knew wouldn't budge without some spot cream, or when my skin was really oily and couldn't use some toner. It didn't work for me, but I feel like it would work wonders for someone who has dehydrated skin or extremely sensitive skin.

If you have dry/normal skin I highly recommend this as it's so moisturizing and isn't stripping on your skin at all. Unfortunately it doesn't work well with my oily/combination skin and I think it's causing me to breakout. If you have a similar skin type to me I would stay away from this and maybe use 9 to 5 or Angels on Bare Skin instead as they are great for normal/oily skin.

There's not much point in me giving you a run down on the ingredients/properties when the Lush website probably do a much better job at it.

xo, Orlagh


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love Ultrabland, it's my holy grail cleanser - but I can see why it would probably not work as well with Oily/Combination skin!

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig