Thursday 23 March 2017

Sukin Skincare // First Impressions

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd do a review/ first impressions type thingy on the blog today considering I haven't done one in so long! 
I want to do a more in depth review of the products as I really appreciate reviews like this when I'm looking to buy a product but I'm not too sure if it'll be right for me.
I recently seen that my local boots had introduced a new skincare brand called 'Sukin' which immediately got my attention. It had nice, simple packaging and claimed to be very natural, which I am all about. I think it's important to use natural products on your skin considering it's such a sensitive organ - I hate the thought of putting loads of chemicals on my skin! 

I'd been recommended the brand by a friend too but considering the fact that I hadn't tried the brand before or read any reviews, I just picked up two products.
The two products that I picked up were:
1) Sukin Oil Balancing Purifying Gel Cleanser
2) Sukin Oil Balancing Mattifying Facial Moisturizer

What I immediately liked about the range was that they had different ranges within to suit every skin type. I have quite oily/combination skin, which is why I went for the two oil balancing products, but they have really great stuff for sensitive skin too!

Just by looking at the packaging I could tell that it was a really great brand, as it claimed to be cruelty free, paraben free, vegan and all that other good stuff. After purchasing I decided to do a little more research on the brand, and here's what they're website says:

 “Skincare that doesn’t cost the earth” is our tagline which reflects our affordable price positioning and also touches on Sukin’s natural formulations and earth friendly brand ethos,” explains Simon. “These elements have resonated well with our customers.”
Sukin continue to maintain a strong stance on the environment and sustainability and have been certified as 100% Carbon Neutral, Cruelty Free, and Vegan for many years now, with all formulations being biodegradable and grey water safe in addition.
I don't know about you, but all that sounds pretty great to me! So after doing a bit of research, I was really eager to see what they were like, and here are my first impressions.
Cleanser:
Smell: A little weird. I have this thing in my head with anything that has charcoal in it, I can't pin down what the smell is like, but it always kind of bothers me for some reason. Maybe its licorice? I don't know. It's not too strong, and I never let the smell of a skincare product put me off anyway.
Texture/Consistency:
The cleanser comes out as a gel, but once you start rubbing it into the skin it turns nice and foamy, which I'm sure is why it's good for absorbing excess oil.

Skin afterwards:
My skin felt really clean and refreshed after using this. It got rid of any excess oil without drying out my skin, which is a big problem I find with many 'mattifying' or 'oil-balancing' products.
Final review:
After using this for a week, I do really like it. There aren't any phenomenal instant results, (is there ever really?) but it does the job! I'd give it a solid 8.5/10


Moisturizer:
Smell:
Amazing. Not too scented, it reminds me of the smell of the fancy skincare they use at the spa, which I am all about.
Texture/Consistency:
I don't know how to explain it, but when it comes out its sort of foamy/spongy, but just feels like a normal moisturizer once you apply it. What I would say is that you definitely don't need a whole pump as it's always too much! I little goes a long way with this stuff, which I guess is good because the product will last longer.

Skin afterwards:
Sinks in really nicely. What I love about this is that unlike other mattifying moisturizers, you're skin actually feels smooth and hydrated, rather than tight and flakey which I find happens with other moisturizers for oily skin. It keeps my skin oil free but makes it all soft and smooth. I'm a little majorly in love with this stuff.
Final review:
Does exactly what I want it to do, after trying so many products I've finally found the perfect moisturizer for oily skin! 10/10

So overall, I'm really impressed with these products. The moisturizer was the real winner for me, but cleansers are never really life changing anyway, and I really like this one. I'd definitely recommend giving this brand a try! Here's a few links to websites where you can get them in the UK:
Hopefully some of you found this review useful! Also if you have time I'd really appreciate it if you subscribed to my youtube channel so you can see more of my creative content! I'd also love to get to 200 subscribers as I hate being on an odd number hahaha! Thank you!
xo, Orlagh











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig