Saturday 3 October 2015

New Music Dicoveries

The past while I feel like I haven't been making an effort to discover new music like I used to love doing, and just got stuck in a rut of listening to the same 5 artists until I got sick of them. I've starting listening to new people and different types of music I didn't think I would like but actually love now.
Here are a few artists/songs I've been loving at the moment:

Troye Sivan

I've been watching his youtube videos for so long and I knew he released some songs but I never really listened to him until his new EP, Wild, was released and I am so obsessed! I didn't expect to like that music but I love it so much now because of him. I'm not a music expert but his songs are quite electropop and really chilled. Here's one of my favourite songs from the album (which you can get on spotfiy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLuWMOF6vOU


FKA Twigs
FKA Twigs is one of those artist you wish you knew about sooner, she's amazing!! I think she's such an underrated artist because she is so creative and original with music and her appearance. All of her songs are so different and it's obvious how much effort she puts into each one. You should definitely go listen to her!! Here's a video on her vevo of all her songs (it's amazing):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYU3j-22360


CHVRCHES
The first time I heard CHVRCHES was on the Radio 1 Live Lounge (I think it was cry me a river by Justin Timberlake) and I thought they were so cool.  Their music is more pop/alternative but I think they're album has a sort of 80's vibe which I usually hate but it actually works. And her accent is so cute!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM


Lana Del Rey

I've loved Lana for ages but she has a new album so it counts! Every album she has put out so far has been so amazing and I always think the next one will never be as good, but she never fails to impress me. She seems to be going more and more alternative and further away from pop with each album (which I love) and Honeymoon is such a good album.


If you have any artists you think I might like let me know!
xo, Orlagh

Instagram - @_orlaghmccloskey
Twitter - @_orlaghmarie


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I haven't heard of any of these except I know Troye has a youtube channel and lana del rey, I'll be having a listen to some of these later!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Student. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig